A nonprofit founded in 1935, Fedcap develops innovative solutions, creating opportunities for people with barriers to economic well-being.
Reports To: Executive Director
Description: The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support services for staff and participants at assigned service sites and manage busy reception area.
Central Responsibilities: Performs receptionist duties such as answering and routing phone calls, organizing and maintaining files, processing incoming and outgoing mail, greeting visitors.
- Provide participant reception services including, greeting participants, answering and directing phone calls.
- Perform telephone outreach to individuals who failed to report for appointments
- Ensures classroom space is organized
- Print reports and review for errors and inconsistencies
- Explains process and services to participants and obtains participant signatures for consent
- Assist in scheduling participant appointments
- Maintains participant medical documents, attendance records and files
- Enter participant demographic data and action codes and scan documents into computerized databases.
- Perform other administrative support functions, as directed
- Manages and support reporting infrastructure
- Provides reports supporting billing and reconciliation process
- Collaborates with management on collection of accurate and efficient performance data
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor or Associate degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- One (1+) or more years of full-time administrative support experience
- OR An equivalent combination of related education and experience
- Knowledge of and ability to follow agency and department policies and procedures
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and be sensitive to maintaining confidentiality
- Experience working with public assistance recipients, homeless, formally incarcerated, and/or those affected by the challenges associated with poverty a plus
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills requireD
- Ability to be patient and sensitive to individuals with disabilities
- PROFICIENT IN MICROSOFT OFFICE
- Must be computer literate with ability to enter data into specialized database
- Able to take direction from multiple supervisors and to work independently
- Bi-lingual (English-Spanish) candidates preferred